Monday 18 August 2008

radio girls


Some decisions have been made, so i suppose that is progress, even when they are changed it will count as movement.

I reckon I am going to have to design this thing vertical, much as i would like to do it in the style of the BT, it would just present such difficulties hanging it etc. i don't have a cathedral or castle to drape it round the walls.

I have sent to Art van Go for some of their printing stamps and I hope to make them into wheels and spanners and such to have a go at a unifying background.

I have traced some of my sketches for the "scenes" and shifted them around the fabric a bit, still don't know whether to use the poshish scrim which looks nice and loose weave and easy to stitch of thin calico......................whether to paint and dye think i may do the calico as I can print and then over dye, but i do like the scrimmy stuff.

Thinking of calling it Garretts Girls, which goes against the grain but has a nice ring to it.

No comments: