Sunday 10 August 2008

plans, mice and women



Hmmmmm went to bed fizzing with energy, if rather late having stayed up to watch Oceans13 on the gog, total rubbish.

Woke up at 4a.m. with migraine, having now taken magic pill I am very whoozy, and convinced that all my inspirations are useless.
The figures are a problem.

I thought i would take them from my photos on the day, but altho they may be useful I now realise they may not be relevant to the design.
The ladies should be stitching and researching more obviously..........so shall have to do some sketching - when my head settles down.

I realise now, or at leaxt imagine that Lowery might have taken his simplified figures from medieval pieces, and that kind of individual and yet minimal shapes are what i am aiming for.
I also don't have enough shots of the museum or the machines to make the arches/environments. this is all going to take longer than I thought.

I am so impatient about this part, i don't mind the stitching being slow, it is this planning bit. Mutter.
I can sort of see it all in my head, it is like a word being on the tip of your tongue but you can't quite get hold of it.
Perhaps I should make some categories..........

E,M & E sitting round the fire plotting the advance of women.

The pic of suffragists with banner

Millicent + E and E ?

The steam engine with women workers

The footie team?

The washing machine pic
hmmmmmmthat feels more positive.




No comments: