Monday 28 September 2009

Daisy and me


Back from holidays, trying to shunt out to sea after a couple of weeks in harbour.
So in an effort to sort my head out - a verbal think, posted here to remind me what I thunk, and hopefully live up to it. In the manner of Serena.......lots of tennis analogies are herewith banned.
I never have any trouble with ideas, well mostly, but seeing as time is getting on I have to have a bit of a focus.
Textile work is mostly very slow, so it is tempting to be distracted both by Life [Boo] and by other ideas which might be better/more fun etc.
My interests are rooted in Women and I think divide into Text, and 3D.
Sometimes I want to just do landscape texture [which sells well] or start some really big patchwork quilts and shut up!
Maybe later.
I combined text and 3D in Daisy but that is a bit over done maybe, that's why I am fascinated by the stitching on clothes, imprint of the body/thoughts/time......
I have also done a few bits with text , but after seeing Lorina, Agnes and Elizabeth I am overwhelmed - and inspired.
I have started a stitching which i hoped to use as a central icon for a panel of text, but I have got stuck in indecision and lack of confidence [plus I probably still start too soon before I have worked out the design issues]
Last night I stated a large wire figure which i would like to weave like the petals in the Rosy ladies, but that would rule out text.
Should Art use text, shouldn't it be self explanatory.
Art is what it is.

No comments: